Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Occupations



The first of the Occupations - NATO. Yep, the NATO summit was here folks. Obama was here. Obama was so here that our street and streets close to us were heavily guarded and you needed your identification on you to prove that you lived in one of the surrounding buildings. We had fun over the weekend looking at the helicopters, police, all the boats and especially this bad boy cruising around.


James taking photos with his camera - just like Dad

Doug giving James some photography tips

Doug and I decided to not take James to school on Monday since well, I suppose it's safe to say it now, but Obama was staying in a hotel 3 blocks from our house and IF everything went to *&^@!, this is the area that would be on lock down. Soooooooooooo, we opted for a nice day at home. Except a nice day at home isn't what happened. Doug came down with the virus that took James down (or if not the same, a VERY similar beast). So we had a sick Daddy that came home from work, a very active 3 year old, a very pregnant Mommy and a very beautiful day outside that we had to enjoy from the inside.

On Tuesday one occupation ended (NATO) but the other occupation (VIRUS) opted to stay around and hang out at our lovely home. Doug had to stay home again on Tuesday (the poor guy) and I started feeling like crap. I actually called the doctor's office because my stomach was in so much pain and I had zero appetite. I still am not feeling 100% and had my 30 week check-up today with the same NP that I spoke to on Tuesday. Um, she is such a doll. I love my practice so much. I'm still on the ever so popular and delicious brat diet and will be until further notice. Apparently, due to the compromised levels of my immune system, the virus sees no reason to vacate my body and is enjoying its stay at the casa de pregnant meg.

At the appointment today, James was such a great child. He was so obedient, polite, and just so happy and joyful. He had every single nurse and doctor in that office smiling ear to ear if not laughing. The nurse practitioner I saw today LOVED him and actually let James put the gel on my belly and hold the little radar thing to hear the baby's heart beat. It was hard for her to get a reading because the baby was moving all around and actually hit/kicked the reader once she put it on my belly. She did get a reading and the heart rate was high 150s and 160s. The baby was moving all over the place. I told her it feels awesome when you have a stomach ache and are nauseous and then all the sudden you feel like you're in the movie Alien. In all honesty though, I am always so thankful and happy to feel that baby moving around :)  James also got to read the tape measure for the baby - I'm measuring not right on track, not one week ahead but now TWO weeks ahead. She said that if I continue to measure big, I'll get another ultrasound to estimate the baby's weight :) She said we can probably be expecting a big baby - brought a smile to my face - nothing I like to hear more than the words big, healthy baby :) James is also back to thinking the baby is a girl but now refers to the baby as "him or he" and never "she or her" so .... that's where we are with that.


On the way home, we were sitting in some construction season traffic in the city and I thought, it is just so beautiful today ... wouldn't it be fun to sit outside, enjoy the new balcony furniture and have a picnic - so we did. James loved it. The pretzels were my appetizer. I'm now enjoying the delicious combo of rice and ginger ale :) Gotta love the brat.


1 comment:

  1. I think it's a girl. :) High heart rate = girls...isn't that what the old wives say? xoxo

    ReplyDelete

James

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Cillian

Lilypie First Birthday tickers