Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Back to School

Today was a very special day for James' class. At James' Montessori, each class has a 'Montessori Morning' where parents can come in for the entire class time. Today was James' class day and I had a wonderful time. Doug couldn't make it because it's his crazy time at work so James was sad he couldn't be there but we had a very nice time just the same. I only had my cell phone with me so cell pictures are what you see here - it was so much fun being in class. The first thing James did was 'cutting' - Toni says it's like his morning coffee - it's the first thing he does every day. I didn't have my cell with me at this point but he cuts paper with scissors that are connected - it's hard to describe but they're great because they work for both right handed and left handed kiddies.

Here are the rest of the photos - I am so glad I could be a part of this today - it was so special to be able to watch James in a school environment interacting with his teachers and friends.

Doing a color matching work

James kept switching the cardboard piece so that the slit was horizontal and then back to vertical and stayed with this work for quite some time - it was so fun to see him laugh when he'd shoot the pieces through

Rubber band work


Threading the wooden needle through the 'cheese' - this was so much fun I wanted to do it - I almost had to sit on my hands :)


Button matching

These are really cool - magnetic sticks and circles - Toni said the kids love to make 3D shapes with them.

Snack time. We were here for a good 10 minutes. James had FOUR helpings of snack. This is after a breakfast of an english muffin with jelly and a kiwi and milk. Now I know why he hardly eats lunch on school days :)

Color matching with little bunnies

James' name tag he hangs on a little tree at the entry way to class

Circle time - a little chicken sings a song about laying eggs - James was laughing pretty hard

On Wednesdays, Cecilia comes. She's the librarian for the school - today's story was about a lion who paints with his tail and a little bird who befriends him. By the end of the story, all the kids were cuddled in on their parents.

Saying goodbye in the little gym - didn't take photos here because I was playing of course!

Outside in the baseball field walking back to the car. It was so much fun!

James is napping and I think that's where I'm headed too :) School wore this Mama out!

4 comments:

  1. It was! It was a great treat to be on the other side of the door :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It is and we love it! I think I've told you before but Toni is an Auburn Tiger!

      Delete

James

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Cillian

Lilypie First Birthday tickers