It's happened ... the bed has been ordered. We've had the sheets and blankets and pillow cases for a while - since Christmas actually. James has had the countdown/blast off pillows (2) and the pluto pillow since then in his crib and he loves them.
You can see the rest of the set below - they are wonderfully James.
The bed however, was ordered on Sunday - the Oak Park style - not the one pictured in the bedding photo but below.
The only issue with the bed is that because there's no box spring, we can't use any guard rails. We'll probably rig one on one side and end of pushing the bed against the wall for the time being. Not a fan of that BUT it's temporary and I think being up against the wall will give James a sense of security - like still being in his crib.
Oh my gosh am I nervous about this. It's like in a few days. A big boy bed. In our house. How many times is he going to get up? Is he going to love it? Will he miss the crib? What is going to HAPPEN????? Will Doug and I have to hide in our bedroom pretending to be asleep at 7? These are all things circulating through my brain right now. Thank you irrational hormonal pregnancy response.
Thursday - it's the delivery day for THE BED. Mark it down and be thinking about us Thursday night. I just realized that this transition will be during one of my favorite shows ... I hope I can still watch Swamp People ... I have my priorities totally in line don't I? :)


Best of luck!! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you thank you thank you!
DeleteI LOVE that bedding! You should check out the inflatable guard rails on One Step Ahead's site. I can vouch that they work great...we bought them for our hotel bed when we went to Disney, and since then I have used them on one side of each of the girls' toddler beds (which is basically their crib with the side rail removed). They stay inflated really well, too, even with the kids climbing over them several times a day!
ReplyDeleteThanks! It's from Land of Nod :) THANK YOU SO MUCH for the rec for the guard rails - they have been ordered and are coming next day - you are a life saver!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DeleteAhh! Love me some Land of Nod :) Hope the rails work as well for James as they have for us!
ReplyDeleteYeah James and the big boy bed! The spaceship theme is awesome! Hope he loves it and stays in with these guard rails (I'll have to see what these look like because I don't get it!). Good luck and mazel.
ReplyDeleteI love the mazel! Thanks!!! You may have to come over and do a slumber party :)
Delete