Tuesday, May 7, 2013

River Walking

I know I'm writing about this much later than it happened originally but I really vividly remember this day and all the thinking I did too. Although it was in fact a school day, James didn't go. Why? Cillian had a doctor's appointment in the city. On Doctor days, James came with and we just didn't make the drive. I loved those days. LOVED THEM! And here's why. The doctor's appointment ends around 9:30 or 10am depending on various things but we're out of there way before we'd be home from the school commute. So we got home and it was actually not too bad outside and I asked James, "How about a walk?" He hesitated and before he could say no, I had both boys in their jackets and we were out the door.

 
We walked down by the river and a guy was there to turn on the fountain. We were actually the first people to see the fountain on in 2013. Then we hung around down there and got to see the huge fountain spray over the river. It was a beautiful sunny day and I am so glad that we went down there. I knew then that we only had a few more days down in the city and I wanted to try and make some happy memories for them. Even if they don't remember them now, at least they can look back at the pictures and read these words and know that they laughed and smiled and played in the fountains.








On the way back to the condo, James wanted to walk by the green dumpsters. They are in these huge garages for the various condo buildings. As we were walking down that block, we passed by a huge construction site where a new building is going up - as you can see the boys were transfixed. City gazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Cillian

Lilypie First Birthday tickers