Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Super Weekend


We had a fabulous weekend if I do say so myself! It was the first time in a long time that we didn't have any errands to run and could all just hang out around the house together. It was awesome and long overdue. Saturday reminded me of a book I read as a child, "Saturday Morning Lasts Forever." We just hung out in our pjs by the fire enjoying each other's company and smiled and laughed watching James play and talk to us. Then Mom and Dad got to organize the house a little bit and baby-proof the living room during James' nap-times. James now has a new chew-toy - the coffee table is half covered in a rubbery brown foam that is soft and I assume, chewable. :o) We are waiting for more of the foam to be delivered from Babies R Us. We had no idea how much of this wonderful safe squishy stuff we needed!

Now we can let James pull himself up using the table and lean on it - before it was wood with pointy corners covered in glass - and because it was dangerous, James the pirate was completely drawn to it. Saturday night Erica and Serge came over! Serge and Doug went to go see Avatar and Meg and Erica got to hang out! It was wonderful. While the boys were out, we talked for what seemed like 5 minutes but in reality was closer to 6 hours. Time flies when you're with your best friend. :o)


On Sunday, we had James' 9 month photos taken. He was such a good boy during these photos! I cannot wait for the proofs to come out - we think there are going to be some really really great shots. Liz, the photographer, has been taking photos of our family since James was born in the hospital. Isn't that cool that Northwestern does that? I just think it's great and we have such wonderful and beautiful photographs from the first 24 hours of James' life. Then on Sunday night we watched the Saints beat the Colts. Doug said something to me that made me laugh so hard, "You know Meg, I think this is the first Super Bowl where I've played with blocks." Yep.

Watching the game


So happy with Daddy

Jamming out to The Who

We also had some cool things happen on Sunday. James can stand for a little bit of time on his own. Now, he has been doing this for a little while now, but I don't dare try to take of photo of him doing it when it's just the two of us in the house. It was great for Doug to be able to catch the moments on film! Liz even took some during the shoot too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Cillian

Lilypie First Birthday tickers