
Wow. James is 8 months old today. Happy 8 months James!!! Honestly, I have no idea where the time is going and why on Earth it feels as though the time is going by so fast. Sometimes too fast. Doug and I were looking at our little guy tonight and we both just said something along similar lines - James is getting to be a big boy. He is definitely no where near 'infant' anymore. He's a little man. Sigh. So, how did we spend such a wonderful and happy day? Oh I was a fantastic Mom - I took James to the doctor for his second round of flu vaccines. I know I know - how could I do this to our little man on his 8 month birthday? He was really past due on these shots! Even the nurse asked me what took me so long to bring him back. And I am telling you what I told her: Since turning 7 months on November 28th, James has had back to back ear infections, followed by a fever, followed by a respiratory infection, followed by:
TWO TEETH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surprise! Yep, we've got teeth people! :o) Here are some teething photos that may bring to life as it were "the reality that is teething". Two down ....

James and the teething ring
James and his ice cubeIt has been a crazy month! I told Doug right before Christmas that time has been going by so fast, I feel like it should still be November! And today I was thinking, oh my gosh, Christmas is already over. It came so quickly this year and went by too fast! I'm wondering if it's just us or if others feel the same way too.
Anyway, our little James is all over the place. He is a very squirrelly little being. He is 'talking' up a storm and loves to range his voice from quietly talking to his toys in a whisper to a full out screech to little squeals and squeaks that you can't help but to smile when you hear. He is hysterical. Oh yes, and very very smart. When he was sick, he was on antibiotics for-ev-er because he was given two different prescriptions. Anyway, he learned very quickly how to get his hands up by his mouth and push the dropper away, how to turn his head, seal his lips shut and this is the best, hold it in his mouth - giving us the illusion that the medicine had been swallowed - and then release the medicine on to us as we picked him up. Very smart indeed.
He now lunges, yes lunges as if he were a cat, toward anything that is silver or shiny - this category of items includes faucets, watches, remotes and phones. If you have any of these items near you - watch out! James will be after them immediately. Even if we put a blanket over them - James will uncover them and pounce. After he gets them - right in the mouth.
Another cute thing that we've been doing lately is standing on the couch looking out the window. After a while, James will lower his head and start making noises on the couch by blowing out air - I just can't bring myself to type the word that rhymes with heart here. But, you get the idea. It's really really funny. Here's this little man just over two feet tall at the ripe old age of 8 months making bathroom noises - such a guy already.


James is also reaching for people to hold him now. It's awesome. As soon as Doug gets off the elevator or one of us returns home, there he is, reaching out to welcome us back. James also 'looks around' for us if one of us leaves. Typically it's pretty bad on Monday mornings when Doug has to go back to work after the weekend. James just stretches his little head around corners as if he's waiting for Doug to appear. Just breaks my heart.
James also answers to his name now - this is particularly helpful during feedings. I feel that our son has super-human hearing because any sound at all will cause this child to turn his head so quickly. After meals, James usually has food spread across his cheeks from us holding the spoon near his mouth and James suddenly turning his head to the side after hearing even the quietest sound.
After the new year, James and Mom are going to go to classes! We decided to wait until James had both rounds of the flu vaccines because we live in a red state for flu which means that there are TONS of cases around. I am starting to research what is available up here tomorrow and can't wait to call these places to set up our schedules! I am so excited to experience these classes and see how James reacts! I'm sure we'll have lots of stories to share. In the mean time, here are some of our favorite photos from the last month! Love you all!!
Our smiley little guy
James' first kitchen sink bath ... plotting his attack on the faucet

Wearing his Star Wars shirt from Matt, Brie and Em!

Playing piano with Mom at Grandma and Grandpa's house

Snowday!

Out in the snow with Dad

All bundled in the stroller

Hanging out with Mom
the entire island shop is in love with James. ...miss you guys!
ReplyDelete