Saturday, January 31, 2015

Music

The boys have always enjoyed music. Music has always been a big part of James' life and Cillian can't get through a meal without someone singing to him. Both boys really just seem to be hard wired for it. And of course, this is fantastic. Also of interest, James began as a predominately Beatles fan but both boys are showing very strong preferences for these trouble makers. The drum beats, guitars and rhythms are hard to resist.



We've had some music related stories that have happened here and there and I've been meaning to write something about it and just haven't. Then something happened today at Costco that made me realize I wanted to write about it. But there has to be some background first.


So the day with the snow slush and I was walking around with the umbrella? Cillian says ella. So what did I think of immediately?

This.


I hadn't downloaded music on iTunes in a loooooooooooong time. But I did recently because I have been secretly wanted to download some Katy Perry. Love her. I am a fan. Judge all you want I think she's awesome. So I downloaded some RiRi and Katy Perry among other things and made a mix for the car. I downloaded Dark Horse, Roar and Firework thinking the boys may enjoy/may not care for but it could be for me alone in the car.

Well I was right about them liking Umbrella. Holy Cow. Now when I say Umbrella, Cillian says "ella ella ella eh eh eh." And it happened a handful of time but I missed getting on video - James would prompt Cillian saying, "ella ella" and then Cillian would say back, "Eh Eh Eh." It was hysterical.

Then one day, we listened to Roar. James initially was like, turn it off. Then I said, no listen to what she's saying, she's a champion! She's a fighter! Louder than a Lion! Rooooooooar! And Boom. Just like that we had our anthem. The boys listen to this like without exaggeration 10-15 times a day. And James sings. He roars. James loves Firework and Dark Horse as well.

And now to Cillian. One day I said "Cillian's a champion and we're gonna hear him Rooooooar." And his face. Oh Lord. He smiled so big I will never find the words to describe it. It is his theme song. Sometimes I tear up singing it. Now at the end he claps his hands together once and smiles and says, "liiiiii" for lion.

So today we went to Costco - it was a big stock up so we brought both cars - James rode with Doug and Cills with me. We met up and I was singing to him and Doug was laughing and said, "What are you singing to him?" I said it's his pumped up music! Roar! Doug just kind of looked at me. I said no really - right James? James backed me up totally and then Doug said, what does he roar like? "Aaaaa?" And Cillian got angry/hurt and yelled "LLLLLIIIIIIIIIII" at Doug. And I laughed saying, "Watch out Daddy. I'm a LION!"

Don't mess with Cillian.

And for Cillian, please enjoy and maybe even sing and dance along :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CevxZvSJLk8

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

James

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Cillian

Lilypie First Birthday tickers