Sunday, January 29, 2012

Birthdays



On Friday, it was my birthday. It wasn't exactly how I planned to feel on my birthday but in the end it made for a better and more appreciative experience. I am still sick. I've had a cold since last Wednesday. Like an eyes watering, nose draining, coughing, aching cold that you can only catch right before your birthday :) When people called it was always the same, "Happy Birthday ... oh no you sound so sick (you're still sick, you sound awful, etc)."

But you know what made it amazing? Being able to just take it all in and enjoy it for what it was. It was fun to open presents at breakfast and be so surprised and excited. I was so tired I was relieved when James asked for Portillos for dinner :) The best part though? Hearing James sing Happy Birthday! I know it sounds cheesy and sappy but his little voice signing just made it so happy and perfect. Doug even left work to pick up these huge cupcakes for us to enjoy.

Doug and James actually went to go get my 'big' gift together earlier in the week (an iphone!) and James told me in the car "Mom, Daddy and James walked this way to get Mom birthday gift" over and over again throughout the week. Doug told me he had to tell him a lot, "James you cannot tell Mommy where we went ok?" And James kept saying, "James want to tell Mommy." Can you believe he kept the gift a surprise for almost a week? On Friday on our way to school (after I opened gifts), James said, "Mom, Daddy and James walked this way to get Mom birthday gift at Apple Store." And then a HUGE smile took over his face - it was like a huge relief for him to say it out loud I think :)

Earlier in the week, James helped to make my upcoming birthday feel more real - he told me, "Mom don't wrinkle your forehead. Wrinkles not okay Mom." Thanks James :)

However, he made up for it when I went into his room to get him when he woke up Friday morning. James started singing, "Happy Birthday to Mom Cold....Happy Birthday to Mom Cold." I had to smile at that. Then I asked him how old I was and James said, "7 Mom" - I'll gladly take it :) So Happy 7th Birthday to me!


All weekend, James and Doug have been taking care of me and helping me feel better. I've been completely spoiled by those two and have had wonderful and relaxing birthday :) Thanks guys!

3 comments:

  1. Happy 7th Birthday! I was volunteering all day---and I am SO SO sorry I didn't call. Feel better baby girl. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

James

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Cillian

Lilypie First Birthday tickers