Friday, May 16, 2014

1 Year

Today we celebrated one year at The Red Door House! I cannot believe that it has been a year already. I was so looking forward to this day because to me, it really meant that winter had ended and that summer was coming. For sure coming. It snowed today. I mean seriously. Snow. May 16th. But who cares! We have been able to live in this home - OUR HOME - for one whole year. I still remember moving day and I remember how exciting it was and how stressful it was and how new it was. All of it. Today I asked James what he loved about our house and you know what he said? "Everything." Me too.

We had an appointment early in the morning for Cillian in the city and then we came back to pick up James for school so we didn't really do anything to celebrate. But, when the kids were sleeping, I thought about some things. So, when I went to get James, I said, come on, let's go get a cake to celebrate tonight when Cillian gets up! He was all for it. And just like that, Cillian woke up - we ate snack and we were out the door!

Then after we got the cake from a local bakery, I said - wait! Let's go to the grocery store and get balloons too - then we can all say THANK YOU to Dad for getting us the house and we can all have a balloon to celebrate the Red Door House's birthday. James was all over this. He decided we should get two red balloons (Superman and Ironman), a blue balloon (Wonder Woman) and a green balloon (Hulk). I got two of each color and a congratulations balloon to round it out. They were a dollar a piece and worth every penny.

The girl at the check out asked what the balloons were for and James said our house's birthday! We moved a year ago! The lady smiled so big and said to us, "I love that you're celebrating that!"

We got home *just* before Doug and I had to tell James to keep Doug at the back door because we couldn't get the plastic bag untied from the balloons - the lady had covered them because it was so cold. But we managed to get everything together and we said, "1, 2, 3, - THANK YOU FOR OUR RED DOOR HOUSE!!" The look on Doug's face was priceless.

We ate Jake's Pizza for dinner - the same thing we had exactly one year ago on the Friday night we moved our family from the city to the suburbs. Then we all had cake. Delicious cake. With a Darth Vader candle ... because ... why not? :)
 
 
 
 
Our family - one year in to the red door house.
 

May you always have walls for the winds,
a roof for the rain, tea beside the fire,
laughter to cheer you, those you love near you,
and all your heart might desire.
-Irish Blessing-

No comments:

Post a Comment

James

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Cillian

Lilypie First Birthday tickers